Princess Stella is the princess of Solaria and one of the founding members of the Winx Club. Stella is the keeper of the Ring of Solaria and she is the Guardian Fairy of the Shining Sun, Moon and Stars. She is the second Winx girl to be introduced, the first being Bloom.
Personality and TraitsEdit
Stella is a 17 year-old blonde girl described as being the daughter of the Sun and the Moon. Though she is usually proud and self-centered, Stella also cares about her friends, not just herself. She will stick to her friends and do anything to keep them safe. Stella isn't always seen wearing a smile on her face, but she does crack jokes to cheer her friends when they are depressed. Basically, Stella has a cheerful and optimistic personality. Besides that, she is totally obsessed with fashion; which clothes look best on her, and which dresses best match her face. Stella often gives fashion advice to people in Alfea, but this advice is often not taken well. She would rather flirt with Brandon than study and do work which sometimes annoys the other girls. The most intuitive of all of the members, Stella likes to match make but has often had problems with understanding why her friends do not always like getting set up. However despite her intuitions, Stella can be rather oblivious at times. She was sent to Alfea to become a stronger fairy, but this did not mean so much to her, though she did effectively become a fully accomplished fairy and a powerful one by fighting the first three season villains with the Winx. She uses her magic for anything, but she mostly wants to help her friends as deep inside she is a generous and helpful girl. Although she might disagree with her friends, Stella is very supportive and protective and will not hesitate to help them. She learns to accept that love and friendship are far more important than royalty, fashion, and shopping. Sometimes she hides her true personality because of her upbringing. In short, her cheerful exterior masks great sorrow. Her signature color varies from yellow-orange to bright orange and various shades of pink.
When Stella was younger she had a totally different look. She wore a white pair of glasses and had somewhat messy hair. In Season 2 Episode 12 it was revealed that when she was younger she had a crush on a boy called Robby, but he had a crush on the prettiest girl in her old class, Kimberly. Stella cast a spell on Kimberly so she could not go to the school dance, but instead Robby spent the whole night taking care of Kimberly and holding her hand, which upset Stella. Later as time went on Stella and a little puppy of hers were on a scavenger hunt to find a rare planet, but instead she found a special tunnel and tied a ribbon to it so she knew which tree was which, and it became very handy for her and later, for the Winx. When Stella first went to Alfea, she accidentally destroyed the potions lab, an action which got her to be expelled.
- Main article: List of Stella's spells
Stella's attacks come from the Sun and Moon and possibly stars, but practically all of her attacks are sun-based. This may be because she comes from Solaria, where she is the princess, and this gives more emphasis to the Sun. Stella's attacks are mainly based around light and heat, which can be explained by her connection to the Sun. Stella can throw blasts of sunlight energy and can make balls of solar heat. She has also used an attack called Sun Burst which burns things. She can concentrate her energy to make herself glow brightly in dark places. Stella can create streaks of solar energy and is able to create explosions of sunlight. She can shape sunlight into barriers and shields, which is extremely useful. She can conjure light in any area, no matter how dark. Due to Stella being from Solaria, she is majorly affected by the Sun. She gains her energy from the sun and is heavily weakened when in very dark places or underground. It is stated that Stella is also connected to the Moon, but only two attacks have appeared representing this: Enchantix Moon Shield and Lunar Magnetism. Stella also has the Ring of Solaria and which conveniently transforms into a magical scepter when needed. This ring allows her to focus on her energy or teleport people. However, after the sixth episode, in which she takes the ring back from the Trix, who stole it in the previous episode, the ring has only made a handful of appearances since, and has no longer been seen to be used by her after she gained her Enchantix.
In her role as the Fairy of the Sun, the Moon and the Stars, Stella wields the ultimate ability to manipulate light, the fierce power of the Sun, the mystic force of the Moon and the astral energy of the stars. Her powers are the expression of inner vision, sight, intuition, and clarity. Due to the fact that Stella's powers revolve around light and heat, she cannot remain in a dark area very long.
Stella possesses a magic item known as the Ring of Solaria. Because it was originally created from a small part of the Dragon Flame, it is believed the ring holds immense magical powers and the Trix mistakenly thought the Dragon Flame was in it because of that. This ring can transform into a scepter, which appears as a long, slender staff surmounted with a round, flat disc shaped like the symbol of the sun. When she earned her Enchantix, she no longer needed to use the scepter, except for teleportation.
- Birthday: August 18
- Astrological Sign: Mermaid
- Favourite Color: Green
- Favourite Hobby: Shopping and organizing pajama parties!
- Ideal Boyfriend: Beautiful and full of muscles... and super sweet like Brandon
- Best Friend: Bloom!!!
- Favourite Movies: Comedies! Nothing is better than a laugh!
- Loves: Dressing super fashion, and giving fashion tips
- Favourite Music: Pop music
- Favourite Spell: Moon Ray!
- Stella's appearance was apparently inspired by actress Cameron Diaz, according to Iginio Straffi, the creator of the Winx Club.
- The hairband from Stella's Harmonix from is similar to the hat worn by Andrina, one of the sisters of Ariel in the 1989 Disney film "The Little Mermaid". In addition,both of them have blond hair, and the ribbons making up her Harmonix sandals as well as her Sirenix thighs are of the same color as Andrina's mermaid tail.
- Harmonix is the first fairy form that does not tie her hair into pigtails.
- "Stella" is a Latin and Italian word meaning "Star", referencing her powers, which are derived from celestial objects such as the Sun, the Moon and the Stars. Her parents' names, Radius and Luna, reference the sun and moon respectively.
- Stella is a year older than the Winx and the rest of her class due to being held back a year for her acts of delinquency. Even if she is older than the other girls, she acts sometimes like a 3-year-old as shown in Season 5.
- Stella had once flirted with twenty-six Specialists within a day.
- Stella's opposite is Darcy.
- Elementally: Stella having light related powers and Darcy having darkness related powers.
- Personality: Stella is extrovert while Darcy is a sort of introvert and fights by cunning.
- She had to suffer several body mutations:
- Stella is normally seen with Bloom and Flora more than the other girls.
- It is revealed that she is acrophobic (scared of heights), which is ironic since she can normally fly.
- During planning, aside from the age, Stella relatively remains unchanged.
- Stella's princess outfit and scepter were redesigned for the Nickelodeon specials.
- Stella had three childhood designs: in Season 2, she wore glasses and looked like a nerd; in Season 3 she was more formal. During Season 5 she looked somewhat ordinary 3-5 year old girl. However in Season 5 she wears her normal civilian outfit of Season 5 in her 3-year-old "childhood-form".
- In the English/American Nickelodeon dub, her title is "Stella, Fairy of the Shining Sun". However in the German and French Nickelodeon dub her title is "Stella, Fee der Sonne und des Mondes" and "Stella, fée de la lune et du soleil", which both mean "Stella, Fairy of the Sun and the Moon", while in Italian dub, her title is "Stella, fata del sole splendente", means "Stella, Fairy of the Shining Sun".
- In the 4Kids dub, her birthday is August 10.
- Stella's highlights in 3D transformations are in pink, but in the 2D one, they are in purple.
- She and Aisha are both 17 at first appearance.
- In Season 3, she tries a dress that looks similar to her re-designed Princess of Solaria dress.
- Both her and Caramel are voiced by Amy Gross in the Nick dub.
- Stella is the only character to have a speaking role in every episode.
- According to Iginio Straffi, in a live-action movie his ideal cast for Stella would be Jennifer Lawerence.
- In Season 5 , Stella is the only Winx that doesn't have a named spell that is released from the leg.
- Italy - Perla Liberatori
- Singapore (Cinélume English) - Jennifer Seguin
- Netherlands - Jann Cnossen
- France - Esther Aflalo
- Poland - Krystyna Kozanecka
- Russia - Ekaterina Semenova
- Spain - Marta Sainz
- Portugal - Helena Palmela (from Seasons 2-4)
- Denmark, Norway - Cecilie Stenspil
- USA - Caren Manuel (Season 1); Christina Rodriguez (Seasons 2-3) (4Kids); Amy Gross (Nickelodeon)
- India - Sneha Gaud Sharma (from Season 4)
- Latin America - Ivette García
- Germany - Wicki Kalaitzi
- Brazil - Ana Lúcia Menezes
- Finland - Saara Ruokonen
- Sweden - Jenny Wåhlander
- Hungary- Kiss Virág (Nickelodeon) (Season 1-3) Mánya Zsófi (Nickelodeon) (Season 3-4) Zsigmond Tamara (Nickelodeon) (Season 5)
- South Korea - Mun Seon-hui